Jamie & Katie

Jamie & Katie
Katie and I in our Race for the Cure hats!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Crochet Beard Hat

So I totally fell in love with the little boy beard hats and bought a pattern, courtesy of myohmycutiepie. I tried it out last night with my nephew over here and he loved it!!! I also love that it uses two yarns simultaneously! The hat quality is much thicker and warmer. I never would have thought of using this technique for hats but I will have to remember this for some of my other hats. It's also a great way to get a multicolor pattern going. I was not sure how I felt about the hat in photos but seeing it on him won me over! My brother saw it and said that would be great to keep his face warm in the winter when he's working outside. 

The only downfall with this pattern is it is only available for child sizes. I try to only buy patterns if it includes baby through adult sizes. I will have to play around with it and see if I can convert it to an adult hat (this shouldn't be difficult) and make the beard larger (this could be tricky). Here are some photos of my adorable little nephew/model!




No comments:

Post a Comment